Open Virtual Network (OVN) Documentation¶
How the Documentation is Organised¶
The Open Virtual Network (OVN) documentation is organised into multiple sections:
- Installation guides guide you through installing Open vSwitch (OVS) and Open Virtual Network (OVN) on a variety of different platforms
- Tutorials take you through a series of steps to configure OVS and OVN in sandboxed environments
- Topic guides provide a high level overview of OVS and OVN internals and operation
- How-to guides are recipes or use-cases for OVS and OVN. They are more advanced than the tutorials.
- Frequently Asked Questions provide general insight into a variety of topics related to configuration and operation of OVS and OVN.
Getting started with Open Virtual Network (OVN) for Open vSwitch? Start here.
- Architecture Integration Guide for Centralized Control
- Testing Testing
- Packaging: Debian Packaging for OVN | RHEL 5.6, 6.x Packaging for Open vSwitch | Fedora, RHEL 7.x Packaging for OVN
The Open Virtual Network (OVN) Project¶
Learn more about the Open Virtual Network (OVN) project and about how you can contribute:
- Community: OVN Release Process | Authors | Mailing Lists | Patchwork | Reporting Bugs in OVN | OVN’s Security Process
- Contributing: Submitting Patches | Backporting patches | OVN Coding Style
- Maintaining: Committers | Expectations for Developers with OVN Repo Access | OVN Committer Grant/Revocation Policy | Emeritus Status for OVN Committers
- Documentation: OVN Documentation Style | Building OVN Documentation | How OVN’s Documentation Works
- Seeing an issue of potential bug? Report problems to email@example.com
- Looking for specific information? Try the Index, Module Index or the detailed table of contents.